How Google Surveys works.
Google Surveys is a market research platform that surveys internet users. Since its launch in 2012, Google Surveys has evolved in several ways: the maximum questions per survey has increased from two to 10, the online panel has expanded to tens of millions of unique daily users, and a new mobile app panel has 4M active users and additional targeting capabilities.
This paper will explain how Google Surveys works as of May 2017, while also discussing its advantages and limitations for mitigating different kinds of biases.
This whitepaper covers the following topics:
- The rise of online surveys
- Who answers Google Surveys and where
- How big is Google Surveys
- How to run a Google Survey
- Sample bias
- Response, non-response, and modal bias