BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

12-03-2023, 11:45 AM   #1
ourlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: on the M2 2025 hunt

How many outside/inside colors did you consider before you pulled the trigger?

Happy to say I finally put it all to rest, yesterday I saw my perfect spec in the flesh:
Brooklyn
Black wheels
Blue brakes
M colored seats
How hard was it for you to finalize your colors?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 12:03 PM   #2
Sculpin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 8Y RS3

Pretty hard for me. My M3 was Alpine White so I initially thought I'd go for that. I wanted something different but I prefer colors that are less attention grabbing, so it was a real struggle. Finally decided to just go for it and get the ZB. Of course I keep doubting the decision but there's no turning back now.

Zandvoort Blue
Bi-colored wheels
Blue calipers
Carbon Package
MP HAS
Carbon front intakes
Carbon rear spoiler
1995 E36 M3 (Retired)
Appreciate 2
ourlee920.00
      12-03-2023, 12:07 PM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

My only choices were Brooklyn Grey or Toronto Red. BG had to have blue calipers and TR could have either. Only wheel option was gloss black & only interior option was M highlighted interior.
Appreciate 1
ourlee920.00
      12-03-2023, 12:13 PM   #4
ourlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: on the M2 2025 hunt

If my wife didn’t hate red I’d be red tan black red brakes
Appreciate 1
Sculpin278.00
      12-03-2023, 01:02 PM   #5
DarkNight707
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 (2024),BMW E82(2009)-s

The calipers color was the one it took me forever to decide. As far as the interior/exterior, I really wanted a black car but keeping it clean in SoCal is just too much. Then the red, which looked amazing BUT I drove a red car for 14 years so, it was time to change. The next option and last was Brooklyn Grey. So, I got BG and blue calipers. Love the choice. No white since husband drove a white SUV recently and the Zandoor blue was a sure No.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #6
two_three_two
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM G87, Mk4 R32

i had zero internal debate on my spec. had to be BSM/blue contrast stitching/red calipers. of the current options (TBD on 2025) there was no other way forward.
Appreciate 2
ourlee920.00
      12-03-2023, 09:53 PM   #7
if1960
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, E38 735iL, Range Rover

Can't come at Undercoat Grey or Baby Blue. My E30 was Black, My E92M was white so it had to be Red.. Which to all in my fam is Orange
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 11:11 PM   #8
FryCookOnVenus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 (Preorder), Toyota 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
Happy to say I finally put it all to rest, yesterday I saw my perfect spec in the flesh:
Brooklyn
Black wheels
Blue brakes
M colored seats
Hahaha. Great question. It's been a journey, man.

I never considered AW. I think BSM looks great, but want something more extroverted so that was never a serious thought. I had initially ruled out BGM but saw it in person and liked it more than I expected, but ultimately decided against it because my last three cars have been gray.

That left TR and ZB - the "fun" colors. There were some pictures where I loved TR, but in person, it was too orange for my taste. That left me with ZB which looked much better in person than in photos. I liked it, but I didn't love it and if I'm going to spend $70k on a car, I don't want to settle.

So, I've been kicking my deposit down the road and will be waiting for next summer when Voodoo Blue becomes available.

That's a color I am unambiguously pumped for, so I know it's the right choice for me.

Also, no mixed emotions on the interior. Cognac is a no-brainer for me. Only major aesthetic choice left is which aftermarket wheels, but I've got time to agonize over that!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 08:57 AM   #9
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryCookOnVenus View Post
Hahaha. Great question. It's been a journey, man.

I never considered AW. I think BSM looks great, but want something more extroverted so that was never a serious thought. I had initially ruled out BGM but saw it in person and liked it more than I expected, but ultimately decided against it because my last three cars have been gray.

That left TR and ZB - the "fun" colors. There were some pictures where I loved TR, but in person, it was too orange for my taste. That left me with ZB which looked much better in person than in photos. I liked it, but I didn't love it and if I'm going to spend $70k on a car, I don't want to settle.

So, I've been kicking my deposit down the road and will be waiting for next summer when Voodoo Blue becomes available.

That's a color I am unambiguously pumped for, so I know it's the right choice for me.

Also, no mixed emotions on the interior. Cognac is a no-brainer for me. Only major aesthetic choice left is which aftermarket wheels, but I've got time to agonize over that!
I got the ZB with Cognac as well.

I actually was waiting for the Burnt Orange color (or sunset orange?) like the F87 before pre-ordering. But once I saw that no new color for 2024, and also no rumors on the orange, I waited too long so pull the trigger and preorder on the ZB.

I got blacks wheel since I am lazy to clean rims. The only thing that I might redo on was to get the shadow line package so that my exhaust would be black as well. The steel color jumps up a bit much for me.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 06:53 AM   #10
MMMGuy60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23M2,Tesla M3,Triumph 765R

It's pretty easy to me. I told myself for my next car, I will not get black/white/silver or gray color as well as no black interior. Ended up with TR and cognac.
Appreciate 1
ourlee920.00
      12-05-2023, 10:25 AM   #11
Lawsoc
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Really quick seen as the colour choices were so limited and predictable!
White: deffo no had a white car once never again
Black: deffo no my M4 and 3 series were black and I said I’d never have a black car again - only look good for 3 mins after you’ve washed it.
B.G: I’m afraid little to bland for me and everyone seems to have B.G in UK across all BMW’s and of course loads of M240 are B.G. For M car colour should of more restricted to M cars
Z.B I can see how people has chosen this colour but thought it wasn’t me and I may tire of it
So no brainer was always going to be T.R with bi colour wheels which I totally prefer over black gloss. I went blue callipers
For people that say it looks too orange 🍊I don’t see orange at all in any lighting conditions ?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 11:09 AM   #12
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawsoc View Post
So no brainer was always going to be T.R...
For people that say it looks too orange 🍊I don’t see orange at all in any lighting conditions ?
Oh it's definitely got orange in it. The inventory key tag the dealer had on it even said orange

Here it is in the parking garage at work yesterday, no filter. Iphone 15 Pro.
Attached Images

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5937.00
      12-05-2023, 11:33 AM   #13
MMMGuy60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23M2,Tesla M3,Triumph 765R

I can see orange in dimmer lighting or shady area. It's a bright red under the sun.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 01:46 PM   #14
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Started with ZB, switched to AW, settled on BSM. Black w/ blue stitching and red calipers. Black wheels. CF lip, rear spoiler, and mirror caps. 35 LLumar tint. Lowered 20mm. The “Darth” look.
Appreciate 2
ourlee920.00
      12-05-2023, 01:49 PM   #15
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I originally started with BG and black wheels but my wife reminded me we have other grey vehicles, so I switched to white. I didn't like the bright colors on the seat so always stuck with the blue seat version. Carbon seats were out from the jump.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 02:54 PM   #16
BES418
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

options considered:
bought: ZB/cognac, bicolor, blue calipers
considered: BG/cognac, bicolor, red calipers
considered: BG/Mstripe Black, black wheels, either caliper
2013 E82 135i 6MT Mineral Grey/Red
2016 500 Abarth 5MT Red/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 11:06 PM   #17
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Went ZB with M highlight interior, carbon trim, red calipers, black wheels.

Exterior and interior I knew. The trim I did AR originally due to the swatch I saw but very happy switched to CF. I was up in the air on the caliper color but after seeing the blue was way different than ZB opted for red to accent. Wheels I knew were temporary but still opted on black.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 02:40 AM   #18
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
I thought about Alpine White for a couple seconds but decided Toronto Red was the only choice for me. I originally wanted red calipers and cognac interior but I quickly moved to blue calipers with M highlight seats. I didn't spend more than a couple hours thinking about colors. Ended up with Toronto Red, M highlights, blue calipers, black wheels, shadowline trim. It was the right choice for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 06:27 AM   #19
DrewNewM2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey G87 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
Brooklyn
Black wheels
Blue brakes
M colored seats
It was pretty easy for me. I ordered the same combo as you but I do like TR as well but I’ve never actually bought a Red car. Black looks amazing but have had black cars and don’t like how hard they are to keep clean and swirl free. They also hide a lot of the lines, etc on cars. BG is safe and makes the black parts and carbon pop. I don’t love BG, and I feel like those flat gray colors are kind of everywhere but it looks good and was best choice and will look good dirty and probably hide swirls somewhat well.

I don’t like white cars and ZB isn’t my choice of blue either.

I really wanted Skyscraper and rumor is it might be coming. Also a fan of Portimao Blue, Isle of Man and other colors you can get on the G80. I would have liked those better but BG will do
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 10:25 PM   #20
Vibral
Rep
Drives: 24' M240i

I spent a few days with a bit of waffling between most of the colors. The only one I immediately didn't like was ZB.

The more I played around with the configurator the more I needed to look at actual photos which is how I found the forum.

If there was a yellow option that would have been my immediate choice, but looking at all the photos here I started to like BG more and more.

Ended up ordering BG, black wheels, cognac interior, carbon roof, shadowline, blue calipers.

I went to the dealer a few weeks after placing my order and got to see BG in person. That really reaffirmed my choice.
Appreciate 1
ourlee920.00
      12-08-2023, 10:32 AM   #21
Bearded-Driver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (G87) and X3m40i

I went back and forth between black and brooklyn or frozen grey (which they took away)

Originally orderd Black with M color seats on black with red brakes.

changed to brooklyn grey
M color seats
black wheels
blue brakes
Carbon Trim
Carbon Roof
Live Cockpit Pro

My second choice is
black
cognac
red brakes
Carbon Trim
Carbon Roof
Live Cockpit Pro
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #22
Lawsoc
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewNewM2 View Post
It was pretty easy for me. I ordered the same combo as you but I do like TR as well but I’ve never actually bought a Red car. Black looks amazing but have had black cars and don’t like how hard they are to keep clean and swirl free. They also hide a lot of the lines, etc on cars. BG is safe and makes the black parts and carbon pop. I don’t love BG, and I feel like those flat gray colors are kind of everywhere but it looks good and was best choice and will look good dirty and probably hide swirls somewhat well.

I don’t like white cars and ZB isn’t my choice of blue either.

I really wanted Skyscraper and rumor is it might be coming. Also a fan of Portimao Blue, Isle of Man and other colors you can get on the G80. I would have liked those better but BG will do
When I bought my G82 I really wanted Skyscraper but it came a little later in UK so couldn’t find any - I also really liked Isle of Man Green - but price wise I got a great price on black with orange 🍊 carbon buckets on a pre reg with no miles so snapped it up. Would of liked ro had choice of Isle of Man Green on M2- wonder if it would of looked great
Appreciate 0