IMG_04901-600x400.jpg

& the same colour on a S6

IMG_6540-Bearbeitet-2.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ara blue on the new B9 S4

IMG_04901-600x400.jpg

& the same colour on a S6

IMG_6540-Bearbeitet-2.jpg
Again it looks great on both cars...But l have to be honest both cars would look great in any colour and are better looking than an A3....??Also the S6 with high gloss black styling package...looks awesome...but NA in the UK

Reactions: Bristle Hound
l am going to stick my neck out here and say Ara blue crystal, will stay an Exclusive paint job,it was only launched with the R8...its launch colour...last year

Again it looks great on both cars...But l have to be honest both cars would look great in any colour and are better looking than an A3....??Also the S6 with high gloss black styling package...looks awesome...but NA in the UK
l am going to stick my neck out here and say Ara blue crystal, will stay an Exclusive paint job
@jassyo06 - Agreed & agreed! :thumbs up:

That new S4 looks a lot like a Skoda...k S6 looks beasty!

Have you saw them side by side????Ara blue crystal is one dimensional sepang blue has 3 different tones to it,sepang being a pearlescent paint,it does look a more of a special paint

Not side by side, but I see a couple of Sepang A4, A5, and Q5 (all competition package, so it comes with Sepang), everyday at work. I don't dislike Sepang, but I don't like the strong flat purple hue. I much prefer the Scuba Blue A3 and Q5 in the same parking lot.

No, I am not the only one who think so...a couple of my coworkers have stated the same thing...

Well....... The RS3 l ordered on Sunday was in sepang?????

ha...you started it with the replacement talk!...maybe it's only available on the RS3 or expect a call in few weeks saying its now Ara!

Not side by side, but I see a couple of Sepang A4, A5, and Q5 (all competition package, so it comes with Sepang), everyday at work. I don't dislike Sepang, but I don't like the strong flat purple hue. I much prefer the Scuba Blue A3 and Q5 in the same parking lot.

No, I am not the only one who think so...a couple of my coworkers have stated the same thing...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...lol....I'm pleased Scuba has been deleted.....I wanted a blue S Line a few years ago and never got on with Scuba.....each to their own... a work colleague has Scuba and although most colours don't look great when dirty his looks particularly ugly

Now that's a good question..it would make sense as Sepang is old hat now lol...no it would make sense coming from an R8 to S3...I read that the A3 would have 12 colours....surely with it being so popular they wouldn't...would they?..let me count 12 colours out (may come up 2 short only having 10 fingers)...Sepang, Daytona....

now quoting myself!...but this is what I read:

Twelve paint colors are available to choose from, including the five new colors Ara blue, Cosmic blue, Nano gray, Tango red and Vegas yellow. Daytona grey pearl effect paintwork is reserved for the S line exterior package.

Could be different for the UK mind

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...lol....I'm pleased Scuba has been deleted.....I wanted a blue S Line a few years ago and never got on with Scuba.....each to their own... a work colleague has Scuba and although most colours don't look great when dirty his looks particularly ugly

Preference of color is very subjective...

It just so happens that me and my work colleagues like the Scuba blue cars in the lot more than the Sepang ones. I am sure we will like the Ara ones more than the sepang in person as well. I guess we prefer sparkly colors more. Out of the A4, A5, and Q5 with the sepang, the A5 looks best. I think we believe sepang works best on really sporty cars (like coupes) and does not work as well on sedan and DEFINITELY not on a SUV.

Preference of color is very subjective...

It just so happens that me and my work colleagues like the Scuba blue cars in the lot more than the Sepang ones. I am sure we will like the Ara ones more than the sepang in person as well. I guess we prefer sparkly colors more. Out of the A4, A5, and Q5 with the sepang, the A5 looks best. I think we believe sepang works best on really sporty cars (like coupes) and does not work as well on sedan and DEFINITELY not on a SUV.

Scuba Blue no thanks the tone is too flat looking,Sepang doesn't suit the S3 saloon in my opinion.Audis 4 best blues
Image 7
8e1027ae
IMG 6677
DSC 0298
DSC 0279

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Yeah me to mate,the 8v RS3 l saw on Sunday was in the same colour,similar grill

About time you ditched the BSP mate its a young man's game ........yer an old fart like me time to get more refined with yer tastes ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
About time you ditched the BSP mate its a young man's game ........yer an old fart like me time to get more refined with yer tastes ;)

I do like the matt aluminium look but not chrome around the windys lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
I do like that!

Get yer order in fella Jassy gets commission on sales from his dealer pics......... a truckload of furniture clinic to keep his creases at bay!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
Given the choice of colour I would have the fourth one down first and the second one ....errrr second?..lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Given the choice of colour I would have the fourth one down first and the second one ....errrr second?..lol
First 2car's are of the same colour Racing Mica blue

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Jesus there some audi blues.....God know what blue I will end up with in My s3 saloon!!!I loved mine once I had cleaned it all 2 days after picking her up
Screenshot 2016 02 02 16 43 31

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
First 2car's are of the same colour Racing Mica blue
I like the thought of having a nice 'blingy' paint job but in all reality I simply don't have the time to care for it properly...:blush:
The only reason I am getting away with it now is the fact my car is white..It really does a good job of hiding the swirls...:worked till 5am:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
I like the thought of having a nice 'blingy' paint job but in all reality I simply don't have the time to care for it properly...:blush:
The only reason I am getting away with it now is the fact my car is white..It really does a good job of hiding the swirls...:worked till 5am:
Yip white is right for easy paint maintenance

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
Ara blue on the B9 S4

Audi-S4-IAA-2015-12.jpg

Looks more & more like Kingfisher blue to me

Kingfisher blue on a B8 RS4 -

Car2.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Had a good look at Sprint blue on a 8p S3,it's a stunning colour and near enough Ara blue......it should be very popular if it's released on the forthcoming S3

Had a good look at Sprint blue on a 8p S3,it's a stunning colour and near enough Ara blue......it should be very popular if it's released on the forthcoming S3
I like that, will probably go for that if Sepang is not available on my facelift S3.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Jesus this waiting to see what colours are available is ****** killing me !!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
Voodoo for me... On an RS with black styling pack and titanium MTM Nardos!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Oddly I've been seeing quite a few Ara blue S3's as of late (especially last weekend when I was in Montreal for F1). I do think it's pretty similar to Sepang as I saw both colours within a few minutes of one another.

Here's my bro's Sepang TTS next to my Ara S3 for a direct comparison.

55A4090C-F236-4EC0-86A7-5B0E0C0C1484.jpg

Reactions: AndrewB and Jassyo06
As, I noted in another thread wait until their is a full sun on both of the above cars then the Sepang Blue way outshines the Ara Blue....Ara looks better on a cloudy or partially cloudy day and really better at night and dark gloomy days and probably easier to keep looking at it's best...swirl, etc.