Renault Colorale

colo59

Tadpole
Hello,
My name is Fred , I'm french and I'm new on forum.
I have 52' Renault Colorale since 2000.
If you have many questions about this car , I can help you.
Ps Excuses me for my English

Attachments

• 242_4243.jpg
    242_4243.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 202
A big welcome to Aussiefrogs! It is always good to have overseas Froggers.

The Colorale model was sold in Australia, although in small numbers. I don't know of any that are running but there are definitely a few out there! We found one in Inverell, in New South Wales last Easter at our Renault 4CV Muster.

I expect a few others will see your post and reply.

Best wishes

Your English is fine. My French is none existant therefore I should be the one to apologise to you. So you have nothing to be sorry about.

Recently discovered at Inverell Australia

Welcome Fred. There are 3 of these cars in Australia that I know of though none are current road registered. One has been carved up to use as a hotrod but I fear the worst for it. There is another in Armidale NSW that would be a good prospect for a complete restoration.

I have great hope for the car shown above having recently spoken with the new owner. :approve:

That one looks like it has jumped straight from the “Famous 85” Prairie sales brochure!

I’ve seen more than three pop up over the years (mostly the later OHV engine, than the 85), and there is a Pick-Up still around somewhere. But I do wonder what has happened to the R2093 I looked at for someone many years ago.

93915d1487469081-renault-colorale-prarie-rhfview.jpg

Thanks for your hospitality.
I have the old famous 85.
Some pictures of my colorale when I restored it.
The day when I bought it

The new engine

When a friend paint it.

Never heard of a Renault Colorale before, but that name plus the word 'Prairie' gives me the eerie feeling that this fine robust, roomy and high vehicle could unintentionally represent the potential germ of the now ubiquitous Sports Utility Vehicle. I can definitely detect a resemblance. Could be a Koleos with rounded corners. Or any other similar vehicle.

Hello,
Some pictures of the last Colorale meeting.
We met in Bretagne , near Saint Nazaire .
The city where are build the big big ocean liner

Hi :)
Interesting what pops up out of the woodwork, is it not :) What else is out there ??
I see there is a Wiki page on them, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Colorale
Perhaps our French friend, Fred=colo59, could put some more information on there for interested people.

Someone said these are like modern SUVs and indeed they were available with 4WD too which I never knew either. 4WD cars were very rare here in Aus in those days. Ex WW2 Jeeps and Landrovers would have been the complete offering where I lived, from my memory.
Jaahn
PS where is that original add posted??

Interesting what pops up out of the woodwork, is it not :) What else is out there ??
I see there is a Wiki page on them, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Colorale
Perhaps our French friend, Fred=colo59, could put some more information on there for interested people.

Someone said these are like modern SUVs and indeed they were available with 4WD too which I never knew either. 4WD cars were very rare here in Aus in those days. Ex WW2 Jeeps and Landrovers would have been the complete offering where I lived, from my memory.
Jaahn
PS where is that original add posted??

I also found this car advertised a few days ago and would have loved to have had a look at it but off overseas Sunday. Try https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/696442340869261/
David

Well David that answers my question; facebook under appliances ?? I guess that is close enough for those sort of people :(
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/696442340869261/
1953 Renault Colorale '85' pick up.
Selling on behalf of an elderly friend who is not able to complete the project. Describes it as, All there but needs restoration. Comes with another vehicle for spares, Message me for further information and contact details and you can speak to the owner direct. Located in the lower south east of South Australia.
So you get a spare too. Real value to a genuine interested looker.
Jaahn
71763893_10159075916494196_2328200740645896192_n.jpg

Wow, Mount Gambier again. There was a good old Renault dealer there way back when - the late and very pleasant Laurie Fox. His son was trying to sell a couple of R8s last year.

Let's hope someone picks this up and loves it! Four others known.... :eek:

I thought the late Jayson Hinder in Canberra had a Colorale pick-up as well, no doubt it would have moved on by now. But another potential survivor out there.

I thought the late Jayson Hinder in Canberra had a Colorale pick-up as well, no doubt it would have moved on by now. But another potential survivor out there.

Simon I reckon its about time you added a rare Renault to your collection. Its in your home state as well. Eeasypeezy.