Chromebooks for your classroom
Easier. Faster. More Secure. Chrome devices are instantly personalisable by each student or teacher, and easy to manage, making them an ideal solution for bringing the power of the web to your classrooms. Here’s how Chrome devices are helping K-12 schools of all sizes make the grade:
School day 1:1 programmes
Many students and teachers lack classroom-based computer or web access due to high costs or the logistical challenge of supporting school-based networks. But now, that’s all changed. Chrome devices enable you to...
- Scale access to the web with computers that are simple to use and easy to distribute
- Share devices among students, with no manual set-up for different users
- Enjoy constant connectivity through integrated Wi-Fi and optional 3G, for always-on access without relying on school networks
- Administer machines throughout the school, no matter how many Chrome devices you have or where they’re being used
Fulltime 1:1 learning
Learning doesn’t stop when the school day ends, so why limit access to applications, collaboration tools and homework resources after school? The educational disconnect between school and home can now be bridged with Chrome devices, which make it easy for...
- Students to access the web, their applications and files wherever they are, with light weight, long battery life and fast start-up
- Teachers and students to collaborate on homework and learning after the last bell
- Administrators to assign and manage one machine for each student every school-year, with no manual maintenance, security patching or time-consuming support
Classroom computer trolleys
Maintaining a classroom-based computer trolley has long been a hassle. Students moving from class to class have to log in to a central network or be limited to the installed (and hard-to-maintain) software on each machine. Now, computer carts take on a new life with Chrome devices, which offer...
- The ability to share machines with virtually no machine set-up for different users
- A “stateless” environment for a personalised experience, available to all students and teachers just by signing in
- Access to a vast array of educational sites, online experiences and apps that promote learning, collaboration and creativity
Labs and libraries
Library computers can be tough to manage - even more so if they’re made available for borrowing. Chrome devices make it easy for study areas, labs and libraries to offer on-site computer access and loaner machines, with...
- Easy sharing among different users, requiring no individual user set-up
- An online learning environment where undesirable sites and apps can be blocked
- Access to homework, collaborative projects and learning applications, anytime and everywhere, just by signing in
- Easy to manage and maintain machines that are free from viruses and malware, with no security patches or upgrades needed